- Evaluate Syngenta’s new foliar fungicide in canola, for the control of Sclerotinia.
- Compare and contrast with existing chemicals on the market.
The trial was sown on the 25th of May in the South Stirlings region. A dry start to the season lead to a decile 1 year for disease and no Sclerotinia was detected at the site during the season.
Early Knockdown -17/4/2020: Glyphosate 450 1.5L/ha, Oxyflurofen 240 EC 60ml/ha, Hammer 400 EC 15ml/ha, Kamba 750 200ml/ha, Wetter1000 0.2%, Ammonium Sulphate 1%.
Pre seeding knockdown- 27/4/2020: Glyphosate 450 1L/ha, Goal 60ml/ha, Hammer 400 EC 15ml/ha, Wetter1000 0.2%, Ammonium Sulphate 1%.
Immediately pre seeding – 25/5/2020: Glyphosate 450 1.5L/ha, Oxyflurofen 240 EC 60ml/ha, Hammer 400 EC 15ml/ha, Kamba 750 200ml/ha, Wetter1000 0.2%, Ammonium Sulphate 1%.
Early Nitrogen Application- 25/5/2020: 80L/ha Flexi-N
Seeding – 25/5/2020: Bonito Canola 3kg/ha, Double Phos 132kg/ha, Sulphate of potash 50kg/ha.
Nitrogen Top-up- 24/6/2020: 80L/ha Flexi-N.
Treatment Sprays – 24/8/2020: as per treatment list.
- No visible evidence of Sclerotinia, however Blackleg ( Leptosphaeria maculans) was visible throughout the trial.
- No significant yield difference between treatments although all treated plots had numerically higher yields than the control. This could be due to the presence of Blackleg causing a slight yield decrease in the untreated control.
- No crop damage from any of the treatments.