- To evaluate the efficacy of Active PRIME, Active BUILD and Active GrainFILL on seed germination, vigour,disease rating, grain yield and grain protein content in wheat.
- Evaluate the efficacy of Sabel-X seed treatment.
- Evaluate the efficacy of Bombardier applied in furrow and foliar.
The trial was sown on the 2nd of June in Dumbleyung, WA, where the next major rain event recorded 20mm on the 18th of June. Seed treatments were applied to grain prior to seeding. Bombardier 2L/ha in furrow treatment went down with the flexi N and was placed 60mm below the seed. Seeding depth was 20mm. Foliar treatments were applied on the 30th of June.
Early Knockdown – 16/3/2020: Nufarm Weedmaster DST 1.5L/ha, Sharpen 20g/ha, Hasten 1%.
Pre-Seeding Knockdown – 19/5/20: Nufarm Weedmaster DST 1.L/ha, corteva Goal 60ml/ha, Hammer 15ml/ha, Wetter1000 0.2%, ammonium sulphate 1%.
Early Knockdown – 25/5/2020: Nufarm Weedmaster DST 1.5L/ha, Sharpen 20g/ha, Kamba 750 200ml/ha, Hasten 1%, Ammonium Sulphate 1%.
Early Nitrogen Application – 26/5/2020: CSBP Flexi N 80L/ha.
Seeding – 2/6/20: Wheat scepter 70kg/ha, Evergol Energy seed treatment 130ml/100kg, Double Phos 130kg/ha, Sulphate of Potash 50 kg/ha.
Seed & In furrow treatment applications – 2/6/20: As per design
Nitrogen Top-up – 10/7/20: CSBP Flexi N 80L/ha.
Radish & Fungal Control – 29/7/20: BASF Opera Fungicide 500ml/ha, Triasulfuron 750 WG 8g/ha, Conquest Alpha Forte 60ml/ha, Pyrinex Super 150ml/ha, LVE MCPA 500ml/ha.
Foliar Treatment Applications – 29/7/20: as per trial design
Emergence counts 29DAS
Vigour rating 1-100 scale 15DAAB. Relative scale compared to the highest rated plot
Green Seeker green leaf area readings
CBH receival standards
- Sable-X 1.2g/kg and Bombardier 2L/ha in furrow caused significantly greater crop emergence than the untreated control.
- Visual vigour ratings 15DAAB saw an increase of 5% in plant vigour of Bombardier 2L/ha; fb Bombardier 2L/ha and Bombardier 4L/ha respectively.
- No significant difference in yield between treatments compared to the control.
- Sabel-X achieved 15.8% higher yields than control on average.
- Early emergence and vigour ratings did not translate into yield increases for both Bombardier treatments.
- Plants response to the N decreased in low rainfall.
- Wheat yields were lower than expected, around 2.5 t/ha, as a result of low growing season rainfall.